Super Delicious Recipe Of Dry Kala Chanas From Mom’s Kitchen!
All of us love dry kala chanas especially with a dust of amchoor powder on them. When distributed during festivals with poori and halwa, this delicacy crosses all religious barriers.
My love for kala chanas made me realise that preparing this dish is even more fun. In case you too are looking for an easy recipe but a sure shot one which will give you the tastiest kala chanas then you’ve come to the right place.
Here’s the recipe :
1.5 cup Black Chana/chole
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon Haldi(turmeric powder)
1/4 teaspoon Jeera (Cumin seeds)
1 teaspoon Sukha dhaniya (coriander powder)
1 teaspoon Cooking oil
Chopped fresh coriander
Amchoor powder for an added flavour
- Wash the chanas and soak them overnight.
- Next day the chanas will be soft and swollen. Drain the water through a strainer and wash them again.
- In a cooker, add chanas along with water,salt and haldi. Properly seal the lid of the cooker.
- Pressure cook for atleast 8-9 whistles. Turn the flame off and wait for the pressure to settle down ( when in hurry just place the cooker under running cold water).
- After you remove the cooker’s lid, check that the chanas have been steamed properly. Press them lightly and if they mash between your fingers then they are ready for the next step.
- Now that you have all the spices in place, set the burner aflame.
- Add oil and throw in the cumin seeds when it is slightly hot. Let the cumin seeds splutter before adding the rest of the spices one by one.
- Add the boiled chanas to these spices in the pan.
- Let it boil till the excessive water evaporates.
- Dust some amchoor powder on top of it for a dash of chatkara!
Wallah! Your kala chanas are ready to be served!