Making Gajar Ka Halwa Just Got So Much More Enjoyable!
Almost every Indian loves Gajar Ka Halwa and we can swear on the fact that our mother cooks the best version of it!
There are times when you really need help with the most basic recipes and you just can’t find them anywhere. Here’s where we can help 🙂
Check out our quick and simple recipe of everyone’s favourite sweet dish – Gajar Ka Halwa, also called as gajrela :
2 cups thickly grated carrot
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp mava (khoya)
1 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
1 tbsp chopped almonds (badam)
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker; add carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add milk, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Transfer into a broad non-stick pan.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook on high flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add mava and mix well
- Cook this mixture for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add raisins, almonds and cardamom powder to the mixture and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot or warm.
Wallah lets eat!